Thread: Juices
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013   #23
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeb View Post
Impressive. And I see that you are boiling almond milk after mixing almonds with water, I have never done it, just drank it like it was.. This is needed to canning? I ca see that collard juice is made that way too.. Do you boil all those jars to sterilize the juices? I have made some nettle juice few days ago, but just frozed it or preserved it with alcohol.. What is pilot bread? is it kind of a raw, dried "bread" or baked bread?
Pilot bread is unleavened bread with various ingredients. I make my own flour.

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?IFDZK 16 March 2013 Pilot Bread. Whole grain wheat flour, quinoa, flax, sunflower,poppy.

Forty biscuits of pilot bread was made using whole grain wheat flour, quinoa, flax, poppy seeds and sunflower seeds. Quinoa seeds were cooked in the rice cooker. Flax, poppy and sunflower were beat with water in the blender, then cooked for an hour in a water bath double boiler.This prevents sticking to the pot. The ingredients were them mixed with whole grain wheat flour and kneaded into a ball.The dough was then made into a roll and cut into biscuits and shaped. The biscuits were baked at 375F on one side for 30 minutes,then flipped over and baked again for 30 minutes.The biscuits are softened by microwaving for about a minute. They are stored in the refrigerator and freezer as required.

I make a gruel based on cooked almonds. I use to eat the almonds raw but feel they digest better cooked.
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?VQQXX 22 March 2013 Breakfast Seeds (Gruel).
A bowl of prepared seeds are cooked beforehand and consumed for breakfast daily. The variety may vary slightly due to what is currently available. This batch consists of quinoa, almonds. flax and sunflower.
Method: Beat the seeds in the blender to a fine consistency adding water as necessary. Quinoa is cooked in the rice cooker. One to two cups of each is the quantity chosen. After being broken up by the blending the seeds are mixed in a pot. The pot full is then cooked for about an hour in a water bath. This prevents sticking to the pot. The cooked product is then stored in litre jars in the refrigerator. One litre produces about five typical breakfasts. It is tasty and nourishing. Pictures depict the process.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote