View Single Post
Old March 1, 2015   #30
Vespertino
Tomatovillian™

50! Wow, that's amazing, I'll sounds like you'll have plenty of perfect blossoms for cutting Sorry to hear about the flower disease, since it's been wet does it look like camellia flower blight? I was reading up on camellia care and for some reason it comes to mind.

Luckily my soil is slightly acidic, but it's clay so I'd need to amend it regardless for both the camellias and the mexican birds of paradise. I read that cotton burr compost is preferable for them, and luckily I've already got tons since I use it for my tomatoes.

I had two trees removed, one is on the east side of the house and a medium sized camellia japonica would be perfect for that spot, it gets morning sun, but after 12:00 it's completely shaded. There used to be a big holly there that was eating the corner of my house. The other side I have a hole where the bradford pear was, I'm wondering if I should place a c. sasanqua in that spot since it's going to get full afternoon sun which might scorch a japonica, but in 5 years it will be partial shade.
Vespertino is offline   Reply With Quote