View Single Post
Old March 30, 2013   #21
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Hi Randy,

Thanks much for your support. I am currently using bubble mailers for shipping. For the seeds, I am using 3 x 4 1/2 coin envelopes if the number of packages ordered is not too many. If a lot of varieties are ordered at once, I will use small plastic bags to keep the shipping costs low.

The shopping cart calculates the shipping (and handling) costs based on the total weight of the packages (weight changes depending on the seed type and number of seeds in each package). Shipping cost changes between $3.00 and $4.00.

I can modify things on the way based on suggestions I receive.

Mehmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmran1 View Post
Chance,

This is a great endeavor starting out and I signed up for your newsletter. I can see a need for distribution of varieties from this part of the world. I know how difficult it was getting Aleppo pepper seeds. Greek Domata is a tomato that doesn’t get much exposure, but I really like it. I grow it next to Box Car Willie hoping the two will cross, (to increase yield a bit), but hasn’t happened.

Seed Envelopes: I’m not sayin to copy Steve from Heritage in any way, but if you can come up with seed packets that have the ease of opening/closing something like he has done, it is a plus for us with digit arthritis.
In other words something totally opposite of Baker Creek envelopes that ★★★★ me off- is what I’m suggesting. I see a new seed (company) has been planted and will do well,

-Randy
chancethegardener is offline   Reply With Quote