View Single Post
Old February 28, 2017   #18
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Star, I'm reading/learning about hearts right along with you. I wish I could offer advice, but I've only grown a couple hearts.

I even had a laugh along the way, when Cole wrote, "If it is a trash can meant to sit outside..." I thought, go to a tire service place and ask for old worn out tires... and plant in them. Then the Sanford and Son theme song played in my head.
Great! We can't get any better help than asking and learning from the Tv folks. They've already gone through the ups and downs. They will save us alot of heartache and disappointment for sure.

Go for them tires. See alot of them used for flower beds. Some folks will spray paint white and some just leave as is. They good for growing TPS in. Now you gonna have me singing that song too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
Star: After the first repot after growing at least two true leaves I will give the seedlings some regular plant food at less than half rate just to keep them going. I would not begin the bloom booster until your seedlings are outside in the containers and you are replenishing the fertility lost through watering and flushing out the food.

Inside with the fan; it is kept at maybe 6-8 feet away and on low and oscillate setting. Seems to help, but maybe that is up for discussion.
Appreciate the advice! Don't want to starve the little guys, but didn't want to wait to long to give them the BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarnianGarden View Post
Some of the hearts I've grown in containers (buckets): Zolotoy Korol, FishLake Oxheart and Kosovo, all very tasty.. FLO and Kosovo were a bit stingy perhaps, and suffered from occasional BER. I am not sure that any bigger container would have helped. All my tom plants grow in similar conditions (good organic soil, some fert pellets and composted horsemanure) and they tend to get large enough with enough trouble to try to keep them from falling over.
Thanks for chiming in! Think I have seed for all those and now have an idea of what to expect. Sure glad they tasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
Speaking of containers with wheels old crates work well and can be found for free. Just need casters.
Neat idea! Thanks and awwwwwwww cute fur baby.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote