View Single Post
Old December 11, 2016   #2350
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

Barb

Crnkovic Yugoslavian is exquisite, bright and sweet with whang. I do have seeds and be glad to share, PM me your address. This will be my main tomato this year and will plant 4 or 5 in a garden of 20 plants.

Cosmonaut Volkov's plant structure is more like Big Beef or Better Boy, thicker stalks and heavier foliage. Not a deal breaker, just thirstier and more pruning. A huge producer and good full bodied red tomato taste, it's just not a standout for me and won't be returning.

I had good clusters forming on all plants early, then when we hit +88F for 3 weeks they really slowed down, some stopped. As it cooled back down, they started up again, but none were forming clusters and setting fruit as well as before. Some diminishment would seem certain for the fact we're getting less sun late-season to push growth, which could be less a factor for AKMark with all those hours of daylight. I can feel what you're saying about the plants possibly being helped by more nutrient at this stage, and I think you're absolutely right if it's not hi-temp related.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote