View Single Post
Old November 12, 2017   #159
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

I've had DH take pictures of the Microgreen progress but I am working with a Chromebook and it is torture going back to a laptop. I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures from the Chromebook so today I spent the time doing it.

The first picture is when they were taken outside and seeing light for the first time.

The ones in the Cell were brought outside the day before and that is what they looked like in < 24 hours outside.

The seeds for both the cell and the mat were all Mild Mix and sowed the same time. (mat actually was first).

The seeds in the green container were sowed on evening of 11-6 so just over 5 days old. They are already larger than the ones sowed on the mat.

I like this the best; I wish I had more of these. The container came with holes on the bottom, and I drilled more for another project. Roots are all through the bottom already.

Mix is a combo of ProMix and Coir.

---
Last picture is Kohlrabbi - I finally planted something different.

---
I'm not really disappointed that the mat doesn't work as well as the ProMix/Coir combo. I imagine it would get expensive having to constantly buy mats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MicroGreens_day4 out to the sun.jpg (460.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg MicroGreens_MildSaladMix_day7andDay5.jpg (441.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Kohlrabbi_Microgreens.jpg (356.3 KB, 125 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote