View Single Post
Old December 11, 2016   #23
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Default Payback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
In Atlanta, the idiot that owned the lot next to me initially poured a slab, then found out that the lot didn't perk. After ten years the law changed and he started digging test holes, hiring a moron with a backhoe (i.e. a "developer") that set his truck and trailer on the parking brake at the top of the hill. When he loaded the 'hoe back on the trailer he hit the brake and the truck slipped its brake, rolled down the hill through my yard with the guy still atop the backhoe for a while, and eventually jackknifed in the low section in the next lot down. The only casualty was my mailbox and the vicious Cherokee Rose (State Flower of Georgia) that surrounded it and that the mail girl kept begging me to cut back.

The rose came back to be more vicious than ever, but I moved the mailbox to the other side of the driveway.

I used thick-wall iron pipe driven into a shale outcrop and set into concrete. No one was stupid enough to go after the pipe, but someone did sideswipe the box. After that I drove sections of sharpened rebar below the box. You take my box I get your tires.
Dang, are you any relation to the truck driver I hitched ride with that said when people refused to dim their lights he'd hit em with high intensity spot light he had perfectly positioned to blast their eyeballs? . He said he'd look in rear view and sometimes they'd be fishtailing down hiway!
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote