View Single Post
Old June 7, 2018   #296
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I probably shouldn’t say this because it will likely result in a TSWV explosion. This is the first year in over 10 years when I have made it into June with only one case of TSWV. In the past May has always been the worst time for TSWV infection in my garden. I’ll be very pleasantly shocked if I don’t see more this year.

Bill
Don't worry Bill, they're all here with me, and I'm laying my plants on the pyre all too often. I hope they don't decide to travel east for June-July.

I have 22 Bella Rossa, 5 Skyway, 4 Dixie Red, and 3 Mountain Merit ready to replace the fallen. Let's hope their testudo genetics can take the biting insect onslaught known as my garden.

I went heavy on the B. Rossa from your req and fusion_power's endorsement. I'm not expecting top notch flavor, I just want tomatoes.

And as you mentioned in an earlier post, I'm also seeing a mosaic of symptoms and disease severity. Some plants appear to limit the infection to one stem, some fight the senescence the best they can, and some can keep chugging along (albeit slower and with less vigor) and set tomatoes.

And also, they seem to stay away from darker leaf varieties and the natural purple ones.

I can only reduce the number of thrips present, eradication is impossible.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote