View Single Post
Old July 31, 2022   #409
b54red
Tomatovillian™

This has been a humbling summer for me as a gardener who prides himself at finding ways to overcome adversity and still get a good crop of tomatoes most years. I have also lost a lot of bell peppers and even several hot pepper plants to TSWV this year. I have only had a few of my latest tomatoes set out to get TSWV and I am finally getting a few tomatoes. We won't be putting up any tomatoes this year as we are eating them as fast as they ripen. For the past month rain has been abundant and as a result most of the ripening fruit has split too badly to make it and some has just burst. Keeping my fingers crossed as the frequency of the rain has tapered off this past week and I am once again getting a few fruits that are edible. It is getting to that time of year when whiteflies start showing up and they bring in a problem with TYLCV. Last year for the first time in years they didn't infect my late tomatoes and I am hoping they won't this year. Despite the loses with TSWV I now have a fair number of plants of both bell peppers and tomatoes looking fairly good. Now if I can stop the spider mites and the Leaf Footed bugs I'll enjoy the rest of the season.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote