View Single Post
Old March 21, 2018   #89
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Another EB user here. I bought a pair of Pea Fences but never could figure out how to use them stacked in an EB.

Any pictures of how they clamp to the EB and what to buy?

I have spent a fortune on cages for the EB and Root Pouches. For the EB, I've been using the 14" cage and bend the bottom posts so they all fit into the EB. If I clamp at all, I use the T-POST Clamp (like $.44 for 50) and bend it with pliers so they loop around the cage and under the EB rim. I live in a wind tunnel and have had many EB tip over, but never had the cage come out.
Barb, post #31 is my instruction on how I used zip ties the first time to attach the pea cages to my earthboxes. I also use cider blocks in front and back of the EB for winds to keep them upright. Now I use the method outlined in the post #63, it works far better than the orginal way I did it. I have no problems with the holes hubby drilled into the sides of my earthboxes. They are as if I did it today.

Edit: Take a look at post #69 because there is a part of this design I had forgotten to add to it. It's mentioned in post #69.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; March 22, 2018 at 12:17 AM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote