View Single Post
Old May 17, 2017   #7
garyjr
Tomatovillian™

"What I learned: Try and source only what you NEED from HD, Lowes, etc. Looked at some online 'kits' and quickly realized I needed things that weren't included and things were included that I certainly did not need. It's also so unbelievably simple that you would never need any directions to put this together. It's 90% common sense. The $50 was enough to outfit 10 containers and I still have enough to outfit my 10 pepper plants and the additional 5 tom's I'm planting this week."

I looked at all the various on-line drip suppliers and HD/ Lowes and I found Drip Depot to have what I was looking for. They had a number of smaller kits, but they also allow you to customize them. For instance I thought I would need more of the 1/4" t's so I added another bag. Most of my containers are wood so I added the 1/4" hold down with the included nail. That made for a real neat appearance. My kit is the patio kit for 30 plants and runs 1/4" line direct from the source. No 1/2" header. I also added a timer. Total cost was around $75.00