View Single Post
Old July 16, 2017   #115
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Carolyn, my husband was, and is, in charge of admitting people to the Pittsburgh Bloggers' board, not Tomatoville. His title there is Moderator. He corresponds with applicants to see what their connection is to Pittsburgh, and to ensure they aren't bots. Drawing out the process for up to a month eliminates some of the impatient spammers. So weeding out not just bots, but also people who want to spam the site, takes time. I mentioned this to illustrate that there might be good reasons why someone's application might take a month.

I think when applying to TV I might have had to check a box saying "I am not a bot," but I don't remember.

I did have to prove I wasn't a bot in order to email Mischka. The question was "select all the pictures below that depict food."

The awkward part about waiting for approval at TV is that the instructions say someone would approve me within 48 hours. This is obviously not the case anymore; it ought to be changed. How long has it been since anyone was approved in 48 hours? It gives applicants wrong expectations. If it takes a month, why not just say so?

The instructions further say if no contact occurs after 48 hours, to email Mischka. I bet Mischka doesn't appreciate all the applicants hounding him by email.

JMO,

Nan
Nan,you've made some very good points. The verbiage used when applying for registering I think was the origial verbiage that was used,and yes, it should be changed as you suggested.

As for hounding M by e-mail,his personal e-mail addy is private and has been for as long as I can remember. But I do need to em him, better than calling him,I have both his landline and cell number,and I'll ask him about that.

Thanks,

Carolyn