View Single Post
Old November 8, 2017   #107
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi.The light height is a Problem I might have to drill out a "peep" hole and put a sliding cover on it ..so as I can look inside...at the moment I am setting the height mathematicly ..and the plants did have a growth spurt when the cooling broke down ....My understanding is they will need to be transplanted in round 3 weeks ...I gave them all a 1/3 of a cup of Miracle gro mix last night and checked the Capillary cloth and trays for water and I have also put a sanatiser thing that I had that blows air around in the bottom of the chamber which hopefully may help with extra air movement ...
Now you will have to explain to me whay you actually mean by...."""How do you plan on keeping the capillary mat from developing .. growths?""""
I plan to turn an upright Fridge freezer into a second growth chamber but it will have to be later on and would not be ready til next season ....I see advantages in having a second unit especially one with doors that open ...I could use a similar or even the same cooling system as long as I get it working properly on both....I missed out on a $1 Fridge freezer yesterday which annoyed me..
I can actually freeze water overnight and put it in the reservoir of the broken down freezer so the returning flow outputs onto the ice ,cools and gets pumped around again ....and I got the air temperature down to 11 degrees but I have to manually control it best I can ...I have estimated that with the lid down and lights on I need a water temperature of round 4 degrees flowing though the system to get an air temperature of 10 degrees.....
I believe their must be another way perhaps with an air cooler but these are not available here ....The electrician that advised me ensured me it would work when we started on it but he never took into account heat generated by the lights......
I am no REfrigeration person...but I do have a quite large radiator from a Heat Pump with a fan assembly that could be located in the bottom of the chamber ...I think it would give me greater cooling power with water flowing through it but my friend the electrician did not think it would ...The water returns quite warm from the two small radiators w Computer fans i am at present using...I also think I chose the wrong freezer chest to use as the chamber..
Theres probably even a stand alone cooler that could sit in the bottom of the chamber and keep the air at 10-12 degrees and eliminate the need of water ,tubes etc....Maybe Worth knows of something as he seems to be a man of infinate knowledge....I even went through our auction site and came across some items of interest including a 12v car freezer that could perhaps work ...I will keep looking?
I have just checked the temp out in the chamber and its 17.7degrees (with all fans going overnight) so I need to put Ice in the reservoir and bring it down and switch the lights on...
REgards Ron..

murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote