View Single Post
Old November 8, 2017   #110
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Why am I so fixated on Cold Treatment ...I see amazing young plants grown by growers and when I sought answers I was told its the cold treatment applied when they are just developing their first true leaves so I went to Google and found articles etc from experts on this particular topic......
So what you are saying is stop reading and learning ...that these people and organisations are stupid ....
I have used the same capillary cloth for 4 years and never come across "growth" as you put it unless you are referring to tomato roots that will sometimes grow right through seeking water...Hell this is only for a period of 3 to 4 weeks at the beginning of their life prior to them being strong enough to be transplanted into my drums ...which by the way aparantly are stupid also but believe me they work incredibly well ....I check them everyday and make sure water from upstairs is feeding them ...Compared with what I have used in the past this is so easy ,time saving and disease free??....I could easily rinse the capillary cloth in fresh water and clean the trays used as a reservoir every week when I give them Miracle Gro....They all got Mycorrhizae when transplanted?? I hope that is not stupid also...

My young plants will not get any extra fertilizers until they are out in their final place in the greenhouse ...I cannot afford all the different fertilizers I bought last season for very little or nil result..anyway I must get back to my work IE putting a window in my growth chamber to look through to ensure I have them under the lights at the right height ....
There is one other point also ..I doubt if one can compare Texas Conditions to what we experience in the south of New Zealand ...just over a week ago it was beautifully hot then it turned cold and now we have semi type gale wind ...thank goodness my greenhouse is strong ..I note people down here who had Tunnel Houses have given up ..they can no longer insure them and so they are taken down......
Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote