View Single Post
Old September 6, 2019   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Changing from summer to fall

The porch tables are now cleared of accumulated spring and summer "stuff"; dead pots, empty pots and trays, etc. They are ready for fall plantings. The parsley, oregano and rosemary (these last two at the far end with a camellia to be planted out this fall) do well out here. The thyme doesn't like it at all and has died so it's time to start more thyme and grow it indoors. That's old Callie cat on the left side, checking to see if I've left her some room on that lower shelf. It's her favorite morning "sleep in the sun" spot.

To make room under the lights for the new stuff I had to bump some of the earlier started brassicas out to the front porch to start hardening them off. Plants harden off pretty nicely on the lower shelf of the porch table because of the shadows created by the railing spindles. I just have to remember to keep them watered and turn them around daily so they don't lean towards the sun too much.

There's one more window box of mixed lettuce that has popped up this morning and I need to do some rearranging to get it under the lights too, at least for a little while.

Callie is now 17 years old and is still healthy and pretty spry for her age. Being the oldest she used to keep the other cats in line, earning her the nick name of "Swimbo", SWMBO, "She Who Must Be Obeyed". This pic was taken five years ago:

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote