View Single Post
Old July 19, 2019   #9
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
I have planting questions on a few garlic varieties. Hopefully a little organization on planting varieties in rows will make harvesting at the optimum time easier to access so I'm not stepping over plants still growing. Learned the hard way in keeping the big porcelains separate.

I bought half pounds of seed:

Asian Tempest - a website said early in and early out. Do I need to set in a special area and plant now while still warmer, instead of with the other garlic in about 2 weeks? 4 bulbs purchased

Polish
Incelium Red
Waiting on arrival from Pinetree, grown there locally in Maine, so hopefully will do well here

Amish Rocambole
Persian Star
Pehoski Purple (returning from saved seed)

about 30 saved misc bulbs of all categories exclusive of porcelains below

10 bulbs each - some new, some from last year : will keep separate to compare adapiton:
German Extra Hardy
Music
Romanian Red

Garden is 30 X 30 sloped e-w , the upper(e) being best for drainage
Thanks for any help in arranging the rows!

- Lisa

I don't know which variety or classification this is, but I have been getting a high number of double bulbs, each having it's own scape but butted up against each other. I was careful not to plant double cloves. Any thoughts as to cause?

In the photo, the smaller two were partially cojoined, and the smaller of the pair (nicked) had the scape left on. Normal bulbs for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garlic doubles.JPG (107.2 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; July 19, 2019 at 10:17 PM.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote