Thread: Drip Hose?
View Single Post
Old March 7, 2015   #22
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCIII View Post
Hey Worth Do you leave the water running? Or just long enough to wet the bed? Beale.
I have mine on an irrigation controller I can program through my computer.

Right now I have it set up to run from 8:00 to 9:00 in the morning and then again from 3:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon every other day for my onions.

I have two beds and the other one is disabled at this time.
Here is what it looks like on my computer screen as we speak.
Water Sch1.jpg

So to get back to your question I would highly recommend some sort of timer to water your beds.
If you leave them on all of the time you will end up with a swamp.
The timer will allow you to just set back and let it do the work and you dont have to worry about forgetting to turn the water off.
Before I have been guilty of this and the next day thought, "Oh my god I left the water on to the bamboo."
You can get cheap reliable battery operated timers at both Big Box stores or on line.
Just look at the things and see if the times they have will allow for your needs.
I'm sure most will.
You can get 1 and 2 station ones to fit your needs and they screw onto the hose bib.
How they work is the have a toggle relay in them.
In other words they get a pulse and toggle on when it is time to shut off they get another pulse and they toggle off.
This way the only time the battery is used is during the toggle pulse and to run the timer.
The battery should last for a year and they are water proof.

Worth

Last edited by Worth1; March 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote