View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default MAGTAG 2009 - almost here!

Yes, there's just a little more than week to go before MAGTAG IV. So how are your harvests? Please, please bring anything you can, since we won't have Greg F.'s usual bounty to count on this year.

Which brings me to this request: Does anybody have extra tomatoes to spare for my BLT Bar? I may have enough - I can't be sure at this point - but in the past I've depended on Greg for additional slicers.

Greg noted in a post last year that "the 'Penny' method of judging has one distinct weakness. That is that it favors early entries in popular locations." Should we designate a specific time for the tomato taste voting, so that everybody who has tomatoes to enter can get a fair chance? Everybody could taste as many 'maters as they like, and take notes, but not drop their pennies in the cups until a specific time.

Greg also went on to mention in his post, "We could dampen these effects by having entrants interlace their entries with other competitors on other tables." I think this is a good idea as well. In past MAGTAGs, three tables have been enough for the tasting. We could each spread our varieties across the tables.

Comments/suggestions, anybody?