View Single Post
Old February 18, 2018   #11
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

I researched the Lavender one you mentioned and found many rave reviews, but no source. Next I found one site that listed it and many other vegetable varieties that in bold letters said DO NOY BUY THESE VARIETIES asserting associations with Monsanto and an allegedly affiliated seed company and alleged affiliations with Roundup. That would kill the use of any varieties by the organic folks..good or bad. Now there are other lavender varieties with new names. I don't know the real facts in the case.

Funny that only one eggplant was an AAS winner since the early thirties as alleged by one article.

A GREAT shame that many eggplants and their many, many uses are so largely unknown here. In Europe, the Middle East, and Asia there are countless vegetables and fruits that never make it to our shelves.

I once had worked with a group of pear growers throughout France, after completion of ALL forms and licenses and got clearances for a wide variety of Poiree Pear varieties that were their finest. All of those precious cuttings were destroyed by one man in Beltsville saying they were not allowing more that year. Months of work destroyed needlessly even though they had been licensed and cleared.
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote