View Single Post
Old March 27, 2016   #28
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

clkeiper, thank you for that info. I think the Gonzales is probably close to the Minicole I have so I am OK for green cabbage, The other one is interesting though, the red one. I ldid try to Google that one but couldn't find it, just a tomato of the same name. I would happily trade you something for a few seeds of that one if I may. Thank you.

If anyone knows of a mini savoy I would love to hear about it.

PNW_D the wee zuchinni sounds good I think I will follow that one up, the beets I have covered but thank you for the info it is much appreciated.

bower, thank you for that info on turnips, that was very valuable to me as I have been trying to find a sweet turnip, I did grow that one a couple of years ago and thought it was a tad peppery but on looking at my diary that was the year we had horrendous heat and my husband was unable to help me so the garden was neglected. I am going to give it another try. Thank you for persuading me .

Deborah, I dare not think of fruit, but I do have a nice rhubarb patch coming up and I love rhubarb mousse made with fresh cream.. We did pull out some ornamental trees last year and replace them with fruit trees at one side of the garden and I do have soft fruit in pots. We actually got a raspberry that is good for pots, I am hoping it does well this year.

I am organizing myself one precious bed for perennial veggies, I had to leave my others when I moved here and I miss them. I was thrilled when my old seeds of Daubenton grew and just yesterday my old seed of Nine Star perennial Cauli has popped. Only 1 seed has grown (my fingers are still crossed) but if I can get that 1 into a plant I can take cuttings from it.

I found a variety of Brussel Sprouts that will grow in a pot a few days ago, I am thinking on that one as I have quite a few already..I forget the name..I will get back to you on that.

I will try to keep this going, and would love to connect with anyone growing for small sizes.

I am growing regular tomatoes in my greenhouse but am also growing micro tomatoes that I will take cuttings from and bring in under lights for the winter.

I am happy to share any seeds I have mentioned if I have some left but my germination on some is iffy as they are all at least three years old.

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote