View Single Post
Old January 28, 2011   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I don't know. Is Schmoozo Who, or whatever it's called, a clear skin or yellow skin thing? If clear skinned red fleshed, and the unnamed, so-called pink actually was a mahogony type like Cherokee Purple, then the F1 bee cross would've been pink, and the viewer may have thought the mystery parent was pink, when in fact it was mahogony as the subsequent grow out showed. But then I don't know anything about Schmoozo Who, so I can't really say. Besides, I don't really care!
Sch___________Creg is red with orange stripes, and as I remember it can be kinda hollow and not very tasty either. So epi is yellow.

Bred by Tom Wagner.

I don't care either. I just want them to come this weekend and get the snow and ice off my roof before the next big storm expected mid-week.

The original poster wanted to know the history behind Chocolate Stripes so that's what I tried to provide, but getting down to the details of which varieties, directed cross, natural cross, whatever, is a bit beyond the general history, as I see it, especially when at least you and I have some questions about the parentage.