View Single Post
Old September 4, 2019   #41
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

This is the heaviest Pizza I ever made, the post is in two parts, first the Fattie being made and smoked then the pizza.

Part 1 Supreme Pizza Fattie

WOW!! Its been 3 years since I made one of these.
I used ground beef for this, I think the sausage is a bit overpowering. This is actually a two stage project, the fattie needs to be cooked but will be used for a Priazzo type pizza.

Mix

• 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon Oregano
  • 1 teaspoon Sweet Basil
  • 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
Cook

• 1 Mild sausage, casing removed
  • Chopped Pepperoni slices
Chop

• ½ green Pepper chopped
  • ¼ large chopped Onion
  • ¼ cup sliced Black Olives
  • ¼ cup chopped Mushrooms

• 1 lb. Ground beef
  • 1 cup Mozzarella
  • Bacon

You can Make this the day before your cook.

Preparation
  1. Place ground beef in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag, roll out flat and place in refrigerator or freezer for firming, this will make it easier to remove from the Ziploc bag.
  2. Chop and cook pepperoni, set aside, chop and cook sausage of choice and set aside.
  3. Combine the first 7 ingredients and mix well, set aside.
  4. Chop onions and peppers
  5. Remove ground beef from refrigerator and cut along the sides (not the bottom) of the Ziploc bag.
  6. Spread the tomato paste mix onto the ground beef, followed by green peppers, onions, mushrooms, mild sausage, black olives, pepperoni then last but not least mozzarella.
  7. Roll sausage using Ziploc bag until completely sealed, roll off of Ziploc bag onto bacon weave and roll bacon weave using plastic wrap, wrap tightly in plastic wrap refrigerate overnight.(Do not roll this like a pinwheel.
  8. Cook at 250° till an internal temperature of 160°.
  9. Cool for 1 hour before slicing

• Place a pan on a burner set for low and toss in some chopped pepperoni, while that is heating up mix your paste

• Remove pepperoni and set aside, wipe out pan and toss in the sweet sausage (one link removed from casing). Set aside and wipe pan.
  • On a flat cool surface, layout some parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Get out your ground meat and roll it out on top of the parchment paper. Look at the package, if you are lucky enough to get it packaged similar to the dimensions I did, you can slice the whole loaf in half and sort of butterfly it.
  • Try not to work the ground beef too much.

• Trim the sides and toss the ground beef trimmings in the hot pan with a little SQWIBS Pork Rub.

• While the ground meat is cooking, slice your veggies. Once the ground beef is done layout all your ingredients.

• Veggies

• Meats

• Now lets build this thing! Start with the sauce and spread evenly, leave a little uncovered on each end where the loaf will connect.

• Now its time for the bacon weave, lay down some parchment paper to build your bacon weave. once the bacon weave is made mush it down a bit to fill it in.

• Ok the "Fun" easy stuff is done, time for the hard part. Push down on the stuffing mix, but not too hard where you have a blowout. Now start forming the log by rolling. Hold the parchment paper with one hand and tuck the filling in as you go with the other hand. This may take 5 minutes or so to form properly.

• Once the log is rolled and the two ends meet, secure the ends together and tuck the stuffing in on the sides, you have to go by feel here.

• Place the log on top of the bacon weave and center it, season the top with rub and tuck the parchment paper back and carefully roll the log onto the bacon weave trying to get the seam on the bottom.

• Once on the log is on the bacon weave, season the other side and pull up the bacon weave ends, the bacon weave should be on parchment paper as well, this helps with forming the fattie, but as you can see, I did not do this. Now it is time to tighten it all up. Roll the log on some plastic wrap and wrap tightly. I had to do one wrap lengthwise and another along the width. Now grab the ends securely and roll the log by pushing it forward while holding the ends, this will tighten up the plastic wrap compressing the log together,

The next day

• Supreme Pizza Fattie is tossed on the GOSM with Apple wood and with foil on the bottom until it firms up a bit.

• Fattie is removed and will rest about an hour

Last edited by SQWIBB; September 4, 2019 at 10:35 AM.
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote