Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old September 2, 2017   #268
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHeat View Post
Sorry to hear that Bill.. At least nature offers some rewards. I now have about 6 hummingbirds and it's a pleasure to watch them in the morning over a cup of coffee. I underestimated the insect world. For the past couple days my wife and I have been noticing swarms of tiny tiny white gnats but it never hit me they are white flies. I now have white flies on everything but it's early because when I shake a plant I only see 5-6 fly out.

HELP? Anyone have any advice on managing whitefly? I plan to DE Mix everything Sunday morning but am hoping someone has a solid solution. I do have Seven dust if that will do it..
The DE and Permethrin and soap will kill a lot of them but it doesn't get nearly all of them and they come back in just a few days. They are everywhere down here right now. I talked to a lady at one of the produce stands the other day and she was laughing about wearing a bright light green shirt out in the garden and getting totally swarmed by whiteflies.

I am going to try an oil, Permethrin and soap mix next and see if that will help. I even thought about using Malathion but when I saw how strong they recommend using it for good effect on whiteflies I knew I wouldn't use it and the wait times are too long before harvest with my peppers still producing a few fruits. It will also damage my already severely damaged leaves too much. I have even thought about getting one of those mosquito foggers and using it with a poison that is okay for the garden. I don't know if that is feasible or not. My son has one but the poison he uses in his is not okay for vegetable gardens but it does a fantastic job in his yard Mobile keeping the mosquitoes at bay for a few weeks.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote