Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old April 14, 2018   #2046
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all the updates everyone!
Here in Wisconsin it rained almost all day yesterday with torrential downpours at times. The wind gusts have been strong and seem to be changing directions frequently. The city of Milwaukee has some downed power lines and I suspect that will become more widespread around here before the weekend is over. The rain is expected to change to freezing rain and than to snow later tonight.
I use a propane heater in my little greenhouse and I plan on going out and getting another 20 lb tank filled and some gasoline for my generator before the roads freeze over. The generator for the house hasn't been started for a while. I need to check the oil, make sure it runs and fill it with fuel before the weather conditions gets worse. The rain is fairly light right now so I got to "make the hay while the sun is shining". Lots to do, I'll check in later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again.
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote