Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old April 28, 2018   #290
DocBrock
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHeat View Post
I sprayed bleach mix (only 4 oz per gallon) last night and this morning plants look good. I do not want to make it too strong so will stick with 4 oz.

I am ready to spray Copper mix this evening. However my Bonide Copper Concentrate does not tell me the specific mix ratio?

It states from .5 to 2.0 fluid ounces per gallon of water. It does say to use 2.0 ounces for Late Blight on tomatoes, but i do not have late blight.

Does anyone have a good ratio they use for tomatoes as well as cucurbits and beans? I am thinking 1 ounce to 1 gallon and I can spray everything in my garden?
I used the bonide copper several times this year. I started with .5oz and the last I sprayed was 1.5oz. I also added a big squirt of Castille soap to deter whiteflies on my cucumbers. Worked pretty good for powdery mildew, seems under control. Plants looked fine the next day and I sprayed the heck out of them. Also sprayed my zukes and watermelons for good measure, they are a lot younger than the cucumbers and they don't seem effected by the copper. Seems like the Bonide copper solution is already a soap. I read that the chemical compound is aka copper soap. There was dried blue residue on some of the leaves the next day but didn't burn.
DocBrock is offline   Reply With Quote