View Single Post
Old August 21, 2017   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labradors2 View Post
Thanks Carolyn, I had read the link and learned that it didn't matter whether one planted the "cherry" or the "mini-beefsteak" as they flip flopped, but tasted good. My seeds came from Sandhill, via a friend. The ones that she grew (cherry version) turned out to be red plums

BTW I shared seeds in the winter with somebody here. I wonder how they turned out?

Linda
If your seeds came from Sandhill via a friend, you probably didn't read the descriptions for two Kazachkas Glenn lists in his 2017 catalog , and in earlier catalogs as well, and also online at his website. i'll just have to copy what he wrote.

Kazachka Cherry, I use abbreviations so, mid season,indet, RL,pink colored to reddish bronze colored

Kazachka Cherry Purple,, mid season, indet, RL, a unique shade of purple/pink. Fruits are PLUM shaped but variable.

Given the not everyone sees colors the same way since it depends on the ratio and distribution of cones and rods in the retina,,and that colors can be influenced by weather in any growing season, I'm going to suggest that it's Kazachka Cherry Purple that your friend got since it's the one that has PLUM shapes that can be VARIABLE.

Carolyn