View Single Post
Old November 18, 2017   #10
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
This is what I do too.
Hi...Yes I did that ...I religously checked my paper towels for seeds germinating and then put them in jiffy pots with moss if they had roots...a lot were planted about Sept 29th and over 40 have failed..I know its stupid but I am still Checking them all and watering them?? .Thats not a problem as I did enough but I wonder what I did wrong ...I used a head band magnifier to lift the seeds but my impression was if I lifted them (no matter how careful I was ) ones with a very small root were more at risk than ones with a longer root .... the type of paper towel MAY make a difference also ....I presume some type of paper towel has less of a risk of them sticking or as what happened to me the roots went through the towel ..

Re seeds..Yes I will be saving seeds from any variety that appeals to me taste wise so I will not be reliant on seed sellers next year.....I have one Indian Stripe plant ? The final one from seeds I had so its getting special attention ...I loved Black Cherry But the skins were too tough for me too eat so I am looking for a variety if there is one that has a similar taste...

So once i get todays greenhouse work completed I will be thoroughly reading all the replies which I am extremely grateful for... Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote