View Single Post
Old January 28, 2018   #26
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Well, if they are not hybrids, one can save and plant Tasty Tom seeds. Bag blossoms so they don't get cross-pollinated by other tomato varieties. This is the only way you can ensure the seeds will grow true. Even if the tomato tastes like a Tasty Tom, if it isn't from a bagged blossom, you could end up with cross-pollinated seed.

It seems to be very upsetting to you when the plants aren't as you expect (me too). For your own peace of mind, bag your blossoms with organza bags, and save seeds from those tomatoes.

Nan
Hi...Thanks for the information but bag blossoms and organza bags.... Is their a web site for one to get an understanding of what to do here....These of course could be common in the uSA but here in the bottom of the world they are unknown...I will do some research on the internet...

So far I have been totally reliant of Garden centres and seed sellers.....IMO they are not that reliable ...And thats why I need to cut them out of the loop but its too late for this season...All I can do is plan ahead by saving seed and cultivating cuttings for next season...
REgards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote