Thread: HOT!!!
View Single Post
Old July 18, 2023   #10
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
TTF really improves fruit set for me, especially when it is very hot. I spent a while pruning yesterday and have a mass of dead and sick foliage to get rid of this morning. I have quite a few of my earlier planted tomatoes that are dying at the growth tip. It is difficult to tell for sure but I think most or all of the ones that have that happening to them are probably the end result of TSWV that the plants have resisted well until the heat or spider mites. Even though all but one plant is grafted onto a FFF resistant root stock several are showing fusarium since the extreme heat started. I have only gotten a half inch of rain in the past two weeks so watering is taking up most of my gardening time but I am going to try to spray for spider mites late this afternoon.

I have been giving away a lot of tomatoes and bell peppers the past couple of weeks. We already have a years supply of frozen bell pepper in the freezer and now we are getting ready to put up some more tomatoes. They really save us some money during the year. We keep telling ourselves that anyway.

I still have a few decent looking plants left from my first planting with a few tomatoes on them and my second planting is definitely slacking off. My third tomato bed is just starting to produce but the fruits are so much smaller. My fourth and final bed is looking okay and hopefully will give us a few fresh tomatoes for the end of the season.

Bill
So Funny Amen!! "I have been giving away a lot of tomatoes and bell peppers the past couple of weeks. We already have a years supply of frozen bell pepper in the freezer and now we are getting ready to put up some more tomatoes. They really save us some money during the year. We keep telling ourselves that anyway.""

Me and my husband were saying the something Too. So to make sure we were saving money; I stopped buying Onions and replacing them with Green peppers because I have so many Big Green Peppers in my Farming History.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote