View Single Post
Old May 24, 2016   #30
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

There's a tape-loc fitting for each row that attaches the tape to the header. And you probably want the punch to make the hole for it, unless you are good at making holes in poly pipe. I have used a drill bit before.

You might as well get a couple of the fittings to splice the tape, the repair couplers.

You'll also need a pressure regulator and filter with housing.

I use the paper catalog. I would recommend placing your order over the phone, and letting them make sure you have everything you need and that it will all connect.

573-378-2655. The last time I placed an order, it sounded like a little girl on the other end. Ask for Vera or someone who can help you with drip irrigation. They are a small-time operation, and very country, so they require patience on your part. But they are good people and 100% honest about everything in my experience.

I will also be ordering black plastic mulch from them after I run out. You might start thinking about that, too.

And I'm a big fan of the 4-18-38 tomato fertilizer they sell. They also sell calcium nitrate, but I found it a lot cheaper at my local farm supply store. I use both of them with a fertilizer injector.

Last edited by Cole_Robbie; May 24, 2016 at 02:00 PM.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote