View Single Post
Old December 9, 2016   #14
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I need some help.
I have no idea how to create a website and want to start making custom parts and kits to distribute.
Since I have a lathe and other equipment to make this stuf from PVC with little or no fittings and no hardware I think it would be a huge plus.
It would be one heck of a lot cheaper too.
What I am asking is if anyone or how many people would be interested in such a thing.
This same method would also work for tomato cages and many other things.
No I am not trying to sell them here just need some input on interest in the idea.
Worth
That is a great idea for someone like myself that wants simple items but doesn't have the will or skill. Well, really I do, but I would hate to ruin the materials and would probably end up with something uneven anyway. Very frustrating!

I would like to buy easy to assemble things like the PVC light stands that some of our members have. I grow different ornamental and edible plants on shelves indoors in the winter but they aren't tall enough. Jump Start stands are a tad short too. Much cheaper to buy items already done than pay someone for their time to come to your house for just a few cuts. Let me reach back and think what else I wanted but gave up on.

Other than your captive audience here, I would advertise locally on craigslist. It becomes a chore for small occasional shipping all over the place, especially considering the packing time and when you have to deal with damaged items.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote