View Single Post
Old January 15, 2017   #33
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..Thanks but it leaves one question for me...Do I keep the fans on all the time IE while the lights are on...I must change all my fluoro tubes over to LED ...The LED do not produce heat so one can lower them right down till they are nearly touching .most of my seedlings are looking really good..Patti..No trouble opening a door cause I have not got doors on yet...Waiting for a non windy day to do it...Its amazing in this weather I just cannot get my body and mind to get going ...I have also ordered 4 of the LED octopus lights just to try them out...

I have done some lower pruning on the TT's ..I will do more and send photos ...I do note a number of my plants have new growth at the soil line ...I presume that has to be all pruned....I found the youtube video of the lateral being done with the split soda bottle...so tomorrow I will be in the supermarket scouring the shelves for something cheap that has a clear plastic container ...I also need baby diapers ...apparantly if you take the plastic off they have the best absorbant material to use for wicking..???I will be lucky to get one Popentate from the six i had..The baking soda has made them lifeless or was it the copper/sulpher spray I sprayed everything with a few days back ...cause I thought they were showing signs of surviving but not now and the only thing I can think of is the Natures Way Fungal Spray.. which contains copper and Sulpher.... of course its much easier doing away with plants when one has 40 -50 seedlings coming along which will require a place in a month or two to grow......My Black from Tula and Stump of the World both were sprayed with Baking soda and new seeds for them were first in my propagator along with Stupice ....But remember I had trouble with a seed supplier last season with mislabeled seeds and then horrific diseease and i wondered if the seeds could have been responsible?? well the only seeds I used from that source this season was the Stupice and I think they have all failed...I must try and propagate a Kiev from the same source as they turned out a very small cherry fruit which were actually quite nice but of course not Kiev..Still a lot of work to do ...I think my brother in law was impressed with my greenhouse and the knowledge i had acquired since I last saw him...IE ..Perlite "never heard of it"...Milk" your joking".........
Regards Ron..

Last edited by murihikukid; January 15, 2017 at 03:33 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote