View Single Post
Old July 10, 2008   #16
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Wow. That sounds like fun. I didn't put a garden in this year. I moved into my new house last July (but i had tomatoes planted at my "old" house last year).

DH built a couple of beds here in the new house, but we never filled them with soil. We went on vacation on April 19-25. The plan was to fill the beds and plant the tomatoes the weekend of our return. I could not plant them sooner 'cause i did not have anyone to water the plants.

Well 3 days before our vacation, the rattlesnake "incident" happened. DH had been watering some flower plants in the front yard...To his dismay there was a rattlesnake coiled up about a 1-1.5" away from his arm (and the water faucet)...Definitely within striking distance. To make a long story short an pair of neighbors we never met before killed the snake for us.

When I arrived back from holiday, I wanted nothing to do with my garden...Even the container flowers. The tomatoes and other veggies never got planted.

I kind of regret letting the snake freak me out so much...But it did. I will definitely put out some plants next year.

To make a long story short, no I will not have tomatoes to share this year, but I would love to attend Norcatt.

Cheers,

Angelique