Thread: Motivation!
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2019   #1
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Default Motivation!

I'm having a difficult time generating enough motivation this fall to get my sleeping garden clieaned up and ready to plant in the spring. I've ordered and received the seeds I want for my 2020 garden, but it just sits in the envelopes waiting for me and I still have a ton of work to do in my shop getting my light table, heaters, planting cells; and planting soil ready to receive new seed. I need to buy eight or ten gallons of distilled water at the grocery store to nourish my seedlings. I know that sounds easy, but it isn't easy to do if your not motivated. I usually plant all my pepper seed and tomato seeds in cells in early January, but this year; it will probably happen in mid to late January. I have a lot of work to do on my riding mower and other things so I'm debating if I should do the mower work and other stuff before or after I do the garden work. I know I must plant my onions (600) in January or they will not mature before the summer heat arrives.

I have a lot of late harvested beets and June harvested onions in my shop waiting for me to use or give away. Many oif the onions have new green tops growing out through the mesh of the bags I harden them in.

I'm expecting a lot of cold and probably freezing weather in January and February and the cold weather usually motivates me to get busy in my warm shop because it's too cold and wet to do anything outside.

Last edited by DonDuck; December 14, 2019 at 09:14 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote