View Single Post
Old July 8, 2015   #30
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindalana View Post
Ray,
I have no insects and bunch of beneficials like lady beetles on my tomatoes, is Neem oil safe choice for them?
Septoria is pretty bad in the area, seems like every blade of grass has rusty spots and every weed too, whatever they are.
Bill is probably right about the Lady Beetles and Neem Oil, but it's probably not going to harm them unless you hit them directly with the spray. If you don't have any aphids on your tomato plants you are not likely to find many Lady Beetles hanging around anyway.
I agree also that Neem Oil alone is not going to impact Septoria much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
Can Excel Lg be mixed with kelp and fish emulsion? What about with insecticidal soaps, spinosad or BT?
To use potassium bicarbonate, is there a brand made for gardens? If not, how do you use it?
It might be OK to mix Excel LG with those things, I don't know, but why? Phosphourous Acid is not something you should be applying regularly since it's systemic in the plant. I also know applying too much of it will cause leaf burn. I know because I did it!

Greencure is the commercial potassium bicarbonate fungicide product for gardeners. Or you can just buy potassium bicarbonate and make your own formula.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote