View Single Post
Old September 14, 2019   #12
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

There are still three spring tomato plants left out of 15 but they're not setting anything because of the heat. And EB is hitting them so the decision has been made to take out the plants. The four new tomato plants that get some shade during the day are setting fruit, especially the cherry tomato.

The peppers are still going full bore. I've got all the pickled and frozen whole jalapenos that I need so I'm letting the ones on the plants turn red for future pepper sauce. Gypsy peppers will be turned into stuffed peppers. carrots are supposed to go down both sides of the pepper bed. All of the pepper plants are on one side of that bed so when it comes time to sow carrots, I'll only have one side of the bed available for a while. Call it a staggered crop!

The okra is on its last legs. I've got a few pods that will be let go to make seed for collection. Turnips will go down each side of that bed, regular old Purple Tops on one side and some Korean turnip down the other. Got the seed pack from a Korean grocery (couldn't help myself) and I can't read it but the photo is pretty. LOL!

The brussels, half of the broccoli plants, the cabbage, collard, cauliflower and kale plants will go out this coming week.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote