View Single Post
Old March 16, 2007   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Mary, you can't move it but I could but with this new system we have I can see where I can move posts but not threads.

So unless someone comes along and wants to move it to the Seed Starting Forum, lets leave it here for now.

You directed your questions to Craig. If you read in the Conversations Forum you'll see that his father died this past week following a stroke and he and his wife are currently in RI and I doubt he has time to answer you, so I'll try since I also offered many old seeds, as well you know and I think you were a participant in some of my seed offers of old seeds as well.

Those seeds of Craig must be quite old now since he hasn't made such an offer in several years.

What did you soak the seeds in and how old are the seeds, for he usually writes the seed age on the pack?

I know for some old seeds I've had to wait over two months and some never did germinate.

I usually keep the seed starting mix moist with the same solution I used to soak the seeds. Have you been doing that? And if any of them are heart shaped varieties, several of us have noticed that seed viability for them is not as great as with non-hearts.