View Single Post
Old June 26, 2017   #11
upcountrygirl
Tomatovillian™

Bumping this thread. Last year I won a 5th wheel n a raffle (paying the taxes almost beggared me). I was also finishing up the last year for a college degree. I promised my kids we would travel more when Mama finished school. My kids are 6, 4, and 2. So every other wkend now we've traveled to a campsite here in SC. We started this month. The first place we went was Givhans Ferry State Park. We'll definitely go back. We loved it there. Last fall we went on vacation with a family friend to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach during the fall. He rented one of the houses there for a week. We really enjoyed it then. This past wkend we took the 5th wheel. The kids enjoyed the water park and the ocean but I think we'll probably pass on Ocean Lakes during the summer from now on. There was no where outside our camper the kids could play and my husband finally put on his t-shirt and flip flops and went and told the group of teenagers and 2 ppl in there early 20's behind us they needed to be quiet about 3 a.m. Saturday morning as we had young children trying to sleep. We're going to Huntington Beach for our next spot. I'll let y'all know what we think. I know there's more campers trolling T'ville. Where do y'all like to camp?
upcountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote