View Single Post
Old July 7, 2017   #25
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

So the handsdown winner on flavor so far this year is Mrs. Maxwell. It beat Brandywine Sudduth, Platfoot, Brandy Boy, IS, Orange Jazz, and Crnkovic Yugo, and Cosmo Volkov.
Still have yet to try Chef's Choice green, Mat-Su Express, Cherokee Green, and KBX.

Had OJ last night and liked it VERY much. Not as much as BWine Platfoot though. But production-wise, would easily dump Platfoot for OJ.

Here is OJ:

IMG_0736.JPG

Here is one of the flats that I delivered to a produce stand today. I am getting $25 per 10lb box. He is retailing for $3.99. He said he would actually rather have mostly half ripe with a handfull of ripe in each box. Said they would hold for him better that way. Also wanted mixed sizes like in the pic below, which is great for me with so many varieties making different diameters. Nice to not have to grade and find something to do with the 3-8 ounces fruits.
He is also going to buy all the strawberries I can deliver at $3/pound (for those that are familiar with my day-neutral berry trial).
Lastly, I am taking him my garlic too (for those familiar with my garlic trial). I'm putting a 1/2 pound in a netted bag with an attractive plastic card attached. I'm getting $5 and he's selling for $7-8 after he decides.

IMG_0730.JPG

Last edited by PureHarvest; July 7, 2017 at 03:31 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote