Thread: Tante Ci
View Single Post
Old April 18, 2012   #14
Mudman
Tomatovillian™

Just did some searching on Google Norway and found this on a site-

Appeared in 2007
In 2007, contributed one of the members with the seeds of a nameless yellow tomato that probably had been grown in Norway for about 100 years. The seeds came from her aunt Cecilia Jensen, who also was the one who ran the famous herb garden at the Cathedral ruins for many years. And because the denomination was unknown was the name 'Aunt Cis'. Tomato yellow Aunt Cisena handful of self-grown tomatoes of the over 100 year old variety which has been named Aunt Cis. Photo: Stephen Barstow

After planting the club's coordinator Stephen Barstow published the story about 'Aunt Cis' tomato in Norwegian Hagetidend in 2011 (see Appendix below) has Aunt Cecilie even provided details of the tomato variety, which she had once given Ansof Wyller Christophersen from Songe in Aust -College, who was one of the foremost experts on herbs at the end of the 1900s.

Seeds came to Norway with sailors
- I got the seed of Ansof Christophersen summer of 1975, the first time I was with her spices courses. At that time I understood it so that the seed had been in Norway for about 80 years, says Cecilie Jensen. Ansof had even received the seed by Helga Myklebostad, (who incidentally attended the same course) and who had received seeds from nests family she worked for in Arendal.

And a picture- http://www.skogoglandskap.no/fagarti.../bilde/ingress