View Single Post
Old May 15, 2017   #18
fonseca
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the update Ken. I could not attend last year's fest, but I have already put in time off for this year!

My extended family is planning our annual "gathering" around the festival, as it is good for young kids thanks to the animals and activities, and those interested more in history than gardening have options too. My grandmother, who is pushing 90, will even be there. I have her set up with some earthboxes on her deck, so she can still grow tomatoes even though she needs a wheelchair. Her plants include red pisa date and dwarf cherokee green, both of which I grew last year after trying at the 2015 festival, and were fantastic. I must have picked 300 tomatoes from one red pisa date plant.

I also have a dozen Doe Hill plants rapidly growing, purchased from SESE this year, fingers crossed for productivity. Sweet and hot pepper varieties at the tasting should sell some seeds too. ;-)

This festival is definitely worth checking out! No better way to find new tomato varieties than by trying a bunch side-by-side.

Last edited by fonseca; May 15, 2017 at 04:16 PM.
fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote