View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013   #63
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

GT87, I don't have any reason to "think" I have good results, not without a microscope and a minor in microbiology. I can't afford or justify one of the industrial machines that Dr. Ingham describes. I am open to the idea that the idea of a bucket-bubbler tea brewing machine is a complete hoax, and that I have fallen for it. The idea that I've not managed to maintain or produce a single active bacterium or fungus is a depressing notion.

My intent is to produce a tea that can be used as a soil drench mainly, in the hope that it will help "push-out" my potential Verticillium/Fusarium issues in the soil. Since I don't know precisely what bacteria are ideal for this purpose (though a subject expert from Montenegro recently told me those in Actinovate were exactly what I do not want to use), I'm at a loss as to what specifically I should try for.

Inham's paper seems to suggest that one should use a "good" compost along with those other ingredients, so that's what I've attempted. If the bucket bubbler method is pointless, and I can get some more corroboration around that assertion, I'll soon be done with this line of experimentation.

BTW, I was not asserting equal parts (50%/50%) exact bacteria to fungi in the recipe I posted. I realize that the concept is not about exact numbers of organisms but rather a focus on a blending of both. Yes, the Mycos will not reproduce, and perhaps I've killed off their spores in the brewing process.

--naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote