View Single Post
Old February 19, 2019   #14
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
TAM Jalapeno had for me minimal cracking. Size is nice, but not sure how big one can expect, the bigger ones were around 45 grams. I would have liked the plants to have more vigour though, they set well but the plants are just small compared to other peppers (like padron), and overall production not as high.

TAM was the first Jalapeno variety I grew many years ago. It seems to be the most popular for most vendors and the most available. I tried it two or three years with very little success. It didn't grow well in my climate and often simply died. It was never productive. Being new to growing peppers, I had no idea if the problem was my lack of skill or if the problem was with the variety. I started trying other varieties which performed much better, so I stopped trying to grow TAM.

I had the same problem trying to grow bell peppers. They would grow and perform well into early summer, and when the consistent high heat of summer arrived, they died. I tried shade cloths and changed varieties often without success. I still have no luck with bell peppers growing, producing; and living through the summer.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote