View Single Post
Old June 8, 2018   #370
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Maybe that someone will seem early, but I'm already preparing for the season in 2019. I know that I will grow in the deep pastures of Sarayev Gruntov, Saryev Otbor 1 and Sophie's choice, a total of about eight to ten plants. The remaining seven plants should be for me new determinant varieties with a height of about 2 feet, fruit slicer, early. One of them will certainly be Polish variety Poranok. For the second hotbed (low, height only one and a half feet) I still have two varieties (Mongolskyi karlik and Sarayev Shtambovyi) I would like to try another four unknown to me yet. One of them will surely be Polish Betalux.
I made a small selection of Tatiana's Tomato base:
Siletz, Manitoba, Bush Chabarovsky, Demidov, Early Annie, Klusha, Morden Yellow, Naliv, New Yorker, Ondraszek, Oregon spring, Peremoga 165, S4cotia, Superbec, Volgograd, Zaryanka, Ida gold.
I would like Tomatovillans to express these varieties or recommend me another. I would like Tomatovillans to express these varieties or recommend me another.
Vladimír
PS.:Cultivating the new ones will be the real fun for me.
Listing what I know something about

Siletz, grew it but if it was great I think I'd remember more

Manitoba, from that Canadian site where lots of varieties are listed and were bred,OK,nothing special for me

Early Annie,yes,a good one

Naliv,I have it as Beyli (sp?)Naliv, ver ygood

New Yorker, this New Yorker of course knows it well,a standard market variety, very reliable,but I don't see it as being an early one.

Oregon Spring, is pretty good but is parthenocarpic so don't look for many seeds to be saved

Scotia, again I think from Canada and their breeding program

Superbec, I received seeds for Superbec, Petibec,and several other becs from Raymond Tratt in Canada and sent them all to Glen Drowns at Sandhill Preservation and I'm sure he still lists them with more info at his new Sandhill Preservation site.All the becs are early and quite good, so says Glenn.

Volograd,I was sent seeds and none of them germinated

Zaryanka, I have as Zolotaya Zanareka, seed production done by Bill Minkey, who says...indet,RL, 3 oz yellow paste, teardrop shape,point on blossom end, good to very good flavor,high yields.I still have seeds here at home.

Your Guntovi one I have as Gruntovii Griboskii(sp?), and isn't Sarayev whose name is part of several varieties the one who bred them,that's what I remember Tania once saying.

Finally,I need to check my data book since there are a few varieties that were always somewhat early and delicious and I need to find them for you.

And of course Sophie's Choice I do like very,I was the lucky one to whom seeds were first sent and the history is at Tania's website.

Carolyn