View Single Post
Old July 2, 2018   #268
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Hi everyone, I have a couple of items I wanted to add to the growing list of favorite things I have. There are two I want to post today with the first being a new step ladder I ordered from Little Giant. This isn't your normal step ladder, this is designed as true stairs with 8.5 or 9" steps to step onto. I can't step on a regular step ladder, those rungs kill my feet and I am very unstable on them. So, my feet problems also cause other issues for me with regular step ladders. This one, I stepped right up and had no issues standing on it. What I like about it also is the handy brace it has on it to hold onto if you feel unsteady. It also is set up so that I can put it against the cabinets and reach into the top cupboards, wash the top of the refrigerator, etc. Things I have had to ask my husband to do and I like to be independent, not depend so much on him. I will be able to reach the 14 foot A frame ceilings with the vacuum hose as well. I am excited to be able to do things I used to do now. This ladder holds 375 lbs, wow!

https://www.qvc.com/Little-Giant-Lig...000-000&TZ=EST

Another thing I was hoping this would work for is the problem I have standing for even just a couple of minutes, which has caused me to change my cooking and not be as healthy as I would like to be. Standing and cutting veggies has been out for a couple of years now since my feet problems got so bad I couldn't walk. Anyway, you all remember that little kitchen island my hubby built for me? Well, I can put this new step ladder in front of it, sit on the top step and have my feet sitting flat on the bottom step, comfortably right in front of the little island. Woot Woot!

Now for the other item I would like to mention, and it has everything to do with my feet again. Due to the damage from the different arthritis I have in my joints, and my foot pain, it makes walking for too long difficult. I have found a machine called the Legxersize, and it is motorized. I sit in my tall camping chair and put my feet on it and let it move my feet back and forth for me. I have had it only two days, used it three times each day, and already have less pins and needles in my feet. The swelling seems to be getting better as well, only time will tell on that. But the other part is that I can feel my muscles in my rear end, my thighs, and my calves slowly being worked while I sit and read or watch the tv. It does of course work the hips, and knees as well with some pain after about 10 minutes, so I just stop and wait until later to do more. I can also feel my core being engaged as well. I like this machine and will surely continue using it. this isn't for people who are healthy, and have no problems getting outside and walking. This was designed for people who need the blood flow in their legs but can't get out to make that happen. In other words, if you want to just keep yourself moving after you have come inside from a long day and want to relax, this is for you, but it isn't going to burn a lot of calories or anything like that. It is a gentle movement.

https://www.qvc.com/LegXercise-Motor...7.html?sc=SRCH

Update: I had to come in and elaborate on the hip and knee pain I mentioned above. Both of my hips are degenerating and the pain is just because of hip movement, I can't get away from it. Anyway, I need to elaborate because by sitting in the camp chair I am using I find I am upright and taller than when sitting in my regular chair like they show on the video of the product. That is the wrong angle in my opinion and I found the machine would move, not stay in place as I was using it. But by sitting in my tall camp chair I am not having those issues, and I am comfortable for about 1 hour at a time now. It makes it nice to know I can sit there and just keep working my legs. I do have problems with the legs on the machine staying opened like alot of people are reporting so I just use it flat on the floor. Honestly, that would be the only complaint I have on the machine.

Here is the type of camp chair I am using. It is tall enough that my feet almost touch the floor if I sit back in it, but if I sit forward in it my feet can be flat on the floor.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stylish-C...&wl13=&veh=sem

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; July 2, 2018 at 11:17 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote