Thread: J&L Gardens
View Single Post
Old September 22, 2013   #32
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Hi Lee, I grew Bosque Blue and Yellow Submarine this year....and I think one more, but not positive.

Bosque Blue was much tangier than I was expecting, but it had a nice flavor. It larger than I was expecting, for some reason I was expecting a smaller tomato. Mine is between a salad size and small slicer, maybe 3oz on average and I was expecting all the tomatoes to be blue, not just the ones exposed to sunlight, silly of me to have expectations instead of waiting to see what it would be. I gave away the plants for a project this spring and I had only one person come back and tell me what a nice plant it was. He said it was the nicest/hardiest tomato in his garden this year, (which for our area that is a miracle this year...most tomatoes not sprayed with a fungicide died an early and painful {for us} death) but I don't think it has started bearing very well for him, yet. Mine is in a hightunnel and loaded with fruit.

The Yellow Submarine is loaded and ripening fast and furiously, but much later than I was hoping for. I wanted it for my farmers markets and I now have only one left and it is just starting to bear well. I don't know what I will do with all the fruits. They, also, have a nice flavor. Not overly sweet, but not sour either. I will give both of them another go next year, I think.