Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013   #44
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashermike View Post
Bill,

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere ...

I'm in a weather pattern of almost daily rain. How much bleach is too much? How often can I spray?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike I hate to be confusing but the frequency that it can be used depends on the conditions you are dealing with. I have sprayed with the regular mix several times a week with no problems and during rainy weather I will up the dose a bit and spray even more often because the diseases go rampant during those rainy spells down here. I sprayed some plants with Gray Mold twice in less than an hour and had no leaf burn on the new growth so I guess you could spray as often as you need. That is what I do. The worst thing you can do is wait too long to spray and allow the diseases to get too advanced.

I know that increasing the strength of the mix will get it to the point where it is harmful to healthy leaves; but that can vary according to weather conditions also. I recommend you go back to the first of this thread and start with the regular mix and if you get any leaf burn on new growth then cut the mix back a bit. If on the other hand you are dealing with Gray Mold or Septoria you may need to up the dose a bit for it to be more effective. I have found the spray to be most effective when sprayed late in the evening after the sun goes down. As you use the spray you will find what mix works best for your conditions so start a bit weaker and work up to the optimum concentration for the disease and conditions you are spraying under.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote