View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009   #48
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Water is now 3 dollars for a tiny little bottle in the secured area at Anchorage.

I'll go you 1 better than that. 2 years ago when we were coming home from Puerta Vallarta, on a charter no less, they had water and soda in the 'secure area', just like at home. I think it was $2/bottle. Lots of us were buying stuff for the 4 hour ride home. The problem was when we went thru yet another check point right at the end of the jet-way, they were confiscating all bottles of anything, open or not, even tho we all had to have just gotten them in that 'secure area' as they had taken everything away before we got to that point.

What a racket that was. I bet most of the un-opened bottles either went home with the checkers OR went back to be sold again to the next gringo suckers.

About those Principes, they got press in some magazine several years ago about being THE tomato for sun drying. Even some of the catalogs still have that in the blurb for Principe Borghese. Most chefs, and customers in general, need educating about GOOD vegies.
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote