View Single Post
Old June 13, 2015   #92
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
Hit up fb again, to drum up support. Some of my peeps have similar interests, may have helped who knows.

Either way, looks like congrats are in order. One vote away!

Looking forward to watching this study grow.

-Jimmy
Thanks misfit and thanks to all who voted! I now have 252! Victory! I couldn't have done it without all the Tville help! Next step is the review process which evaluates the economic social and environmental impact potential. This I think is where The Red Baron Project has a huge advantage. Agriculture is the foundation of all civilization! There is fundamentally nothing more important than improving agriculture to sustainably feed the world. That starts with gardeners and continues up to all agriculture at any scale! We will see though. I will keep everyone informed!

Thanks again! Woot woot!

PS BTW As I was investigating the grants, I did find another worthy project completely unrelated to me personally that I believe is just as worthy. This guy has developed a solar panel that inexpensively can be installed DIY by nearly anyone. It's a fully functional "plug in" solar that maybe soon will be found at any big box store if he gets his grant. I think a whole lot of us gardeners and farmers would jump at the possibility to do something like that at a decent price. I know I would. I don't know the guy personally. So I can't vouch for him personally. But I did vote for him. Solar

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; June 13, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote