View Single Post
Old September 8, 2015   #45
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootgardener View Post
Lovely pictures of your beautiful tomatoes Vladmir. Have a wonderful time on your trip to see the castles of North Moravia!

I love large, red, flattened beefsteaks , and your tomato Zamorano is a beauty. I will be interested in knowing how to aquire seeds of this meaty tomato. I did not see/find any resources listing seeds for sale. I did see some pictures on Tatiana's Tomatobase.

Ginny
Ginny, perhaps Vladimir will make a public seed offer here of the ones he's pictured, that's the way it should go, that is, rather than someone PMing someone individually for seeds.

Ilex, from Spain, who has been so helpful here is an SSE member and lists 73 varieties from Spain, and that's for SSE members only. I've already e-mailed him and told him roughly what I'd like and will wait to hear from him when he finishes doing seed production in the Fall.

I did check to see if Ilex was listing Zamorano, he wasn't,but I do expect to get some large red beefsteaks from him eventually. I mean we know one great one already, Couilles de Taureau, renamed in France from Huevos de Toro from Spain.

The other day I was in the backroom looking for a specific tomato variety and while I'd already told Ilex that I had no Spanish varieties that he probably didn't already know of , up popped an envelope labelled Fresa, yes, from Spain, that I've been offering in my annual seed offer.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...b=General_Info

Steve of Heritage Seeds has donated seeds for my seed offers in the past and this was one of them.

Carolyn